Travel competition: Win a ticket to the ultimate millennium party
You and your partner can watch the dawn of a new age on the other side of the world
Sunday 28 December 1997
Answer the following questions correctly, and you and your partner could win a unique holiday to celebrate the new milennium in New Zealand: a three-week, 1000km escorted cycle ride across New Zealand's north island from Auckland to Gisborne, in the company of 2000 fellow holiday revellers from around the world. This cycle ride of the millenium, organised by 2000 'First to the Sun' and the New Zealand Tourist Board, will then be followed by a huge New Year's Eve bash in Gisborne, the first city on earth to see the sun rise on 1/1/2000.
The holiday is full board, includes flights on Air New Zealand, and is worth pounds 3475 per person. Places on this unique adventure are strictly limited. For further information call 2000 'First to the Sun' on 01903 218176.
The questions are:
1) Which will be the first city in the world to see the sun rise on 1 January 2000?
2) Which dynasty ruled China in 1BC?
3) What year came after 1BC?
4) Whose novel Love and Mr Lewisham was published in 1900?
5) 1900 and 2100 are not leap years. 2000 is. Why?
6) What day of the week is 1 January 2000?
7) What is the sum of every number from 1 to 2000 inclusive?
Answers on a postcard to: Millenium Competition, Travel Desk, Independent on Sunday,1 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5DL. Answers must be received by January 15th 1998. The winner will be selected at random from all the correct entries. The travel editor's decision is final. Other Newspaper Publishing rules apply.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
- 1 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 2 Japanese plant experts produce 10,000 lettuce heads a day in LED-lit indoor farm
- 3 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
£70000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Information Security Manager (ISO 27001, A...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...
£60000 - £80000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Integration...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + ex bens: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: Biztalk Te...