T-shirts for airheads
Cayte Williams discovers the plus side of inflation
Sunday 09 February 1997
Inflate are famous for their blow-up household objects and won the Blueprint Design Award in 1996. Nick Crosby, one of the company's founders, explains why they've expanded into clothes. "We like the idea of people actually wearing our work rather than keeping it at home. We want to reach people who come to London just to buy clothes and we want to do sweatshirts next."
The designs are a healthy mix of bravado and wit. Boob Job (above right) is an extrovert's dream, with inflatable breasts moulded on to T-shirts. Other designs include a functioning plastic vase (right), 007 "bullet holes" and a fold-away "Pak-a-Tee" which will be every post-modern Anorak's dream.
Collaboration T-shirts cost pounds 45 and are available from Browns Focus, 38 South Molton Street, London W1. Call 0171 839 4757 for mail order details.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
£32-40k: Charter Selection: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented ...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Teacher of English MP...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Out of Hours Club Mana...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Room Leaders required ...