Update on ... ... pigs
Wednesday 02 April 1997
In Weatherford, Oklahoma, last month Imogene Barnhart won the 10th Annual World Championship Hog Calling Contest. "I'm a champion hog-caller and husband-caller," she explained. "I've had three."
In Banbury, England, Frankie the pot-bellied pig became the first of her species to be given a face-lift. The rolls of fat around her eyelids had obscured her vision so much that she went around bumping into things. The snip cost pounds 130.
In Manganeses de la Polvorosa, a village in Spain, the mayor defended the carnival practice of throwing a goat from the church bell-tower, saying: "This is not a pig. It is a goat."
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior QA Engineer Tes...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: C# .NET Developer (P...
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Confide...