Where shall we meet?: Bill Bentley SW3
Wednesday 14 September 1994
In itself it is small and low, with an attractive vined patio garden at the back and slightly chilly staff. The pleasure, really, is the other customers: this watering hole is popular with lushes who will talk loudly about their connections while getting sozzled: I have twice seen expensively dressed women fall off bar stools in here. Go if you want a quick reminder that money won't make you happy. House plonk is pounds 2.10 and half a dozen oysters pounds 10.
Bill Bentley, 31 Beauchamp Place SW3
Tomorrow: The Scarsdale, Pembroke Sq W8
Life & Style blogs
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
- 1 Engineer pictured fixing plane's engine with 'duct tape' by concerned EasyJet passenger
- 2 Two-year-old says goodbye to bin man best friend
- 3 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 Remove smartphones from the hands of under-18s and maybe they will grow up to be less dumb
£13500 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity for an i...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity for the ...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Full time Administrator/Secreta...
£16500 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the leading Mercedes-Ben...