Where shall we meet?: Tuk Tuk, Upper Street, Islington
Tuesday 16 August 1994
bothers some people. They also have an upstairs, with a few more decorative touches and less of a feeling that the whole of Islington is watching you as they walk past. Their food, though, is excellent, and generally speaking the service, though far from emollient, is speedy enough to make this a good place to wolf some speedy carbohydrate-and-chilli before slouching over the road to the Screen on the Green.
Tuk Tuk, 330 Upper St, Islington N1 (071-226 0837)
Tomorrow: The Latchmere, Battersea SW11.
Life & Style blogs
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 2 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...