INM, and its sister titles (which are published by Independent News & Media Group ("INM")), wishes to encourage parents with children aged 8 – 15 years old, to take part in an educational campaign in partnership with The Department for Children, Schools and Families (DCSF), to tell us about the strategies they have used to talk to their children about alcohol.
INM are looking to recruit a number of families to work as ambassadors with INM and the DCSF to create a campaign that offers advice and information that will encourage other parents to speak to their own children about alcohol use. The ambassadors will be required to:
* Appear in a number of films discussing how families have broached the subject of alcohol with their children and their experiences.
* Appear in print features that will be discussing issues related to discussions that parents are having with their children about alcohol use.
* Consent to the films being used online and potentially in other media (including TV).
* Appear in promotional advertising for the campaign.
* Interact with an online question and answer section, offering advice to parents questions.
* Be a spokesperson for the campaign.
* Consent to all of the content created for the INM and DCSF partnership (including you and your family’s name, images, quotes and films) being issued to media as part of other campaign publicity, including websites, relating to Why Let Drink Decide? activity only
At least 10 families will be shortlisted from all original applicants who have entered between 22/02/10 and 14/03/10.
Short listing will take place by email questions and /or telephone interviews between 15/03/10 - 17/03/10. The families shortlisted for the campaign will be contacted by INM by 18/03/2010 and of these, 5 families will be filmed.
Filming will take place at times convenient to the families and agreed beforehand.
The campaign will take place throughout spring / summer 2010. Families will need to be available to speak to for the creation of the editorial features at a mutually agreeable time during this period. We would also like families to engage with the online Question and Answer forum.
All campaign content will be Crown Copyright and the family will act as ambassadors for the “Why Let Drink Decide?” DCSF campaign. In applying to participate in the campaign, you accept that INM/DCSF retains sole editing rights to all submitted content including any views and comments expressed. Any reproduced content will only be used in context with issues about alcohol.
This campaign is only open to residents of England.
There will be no payments for participating in the campaign, just the willingness to encourage stimulating, informative and above all intelligent debate.
Information that is collected from you will only be used exclusively in relation to the recruitment of families for this campaign by INM and DCSF and will not be made available to any other third party.
- More about: