Wine: SOMETHING FOR THE WEEKEND?
2003 Dr L Riesling, down from pounds 5.99 to pounds 4.79, Sainsbury's
Ernst Loosen's spring-fresh, florally aromatic Mosel riesling is followed by the vibrant juiciness of lime and apple encased in a delicate framework of just 9.5 per cent alcohol. Just what the doctor ordered: a wine as juicy and refreshing as a bite of fresh apple.
Under a tenner
2002 Buckingham Estate Reserve Shiraz, Western Australia, pounds 4.99, down from pounds 7.99, Sainsbury's
For its Festival Sainsbury's has almost halved the price of this western state shiraz. Your chance to enjoy an enticingly minty example with spicy, blackcurrant fruit and nubile tannins.
2002 Savigny-Les-Beaune, Bouchard Pere et Fils, pounds 12.99, Waitrose
What amuses about this naive domestic burgundy, as James Thurber might have said, is that a cherry and raspberry perfume is enhanced by the deftest touch of oak and a refreshing bite of acidity. Just the thing with roast white or dark meats.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior QA Engineer Tes...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: C# .NET Developer (P...
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Confide...