Yesterday was a ...
Tuesday 21 January 1997
Bad Day for cobras as an Indonesian woman set six of the poisonous snakes loose at a Karaoke bar where her unfaithful boyfriend worked, to teach him a lesson. No one was bitten. One cobra was beaten to death and the rest were taken into police custody.
Bad Day for penises as mobs in Ghana beat to death 12 sorcerers who allegedly had the power to make men's penises shrink or vanish by witchcraft. Meanwhile, in England, the Impotence Association has warned that smoking two cigarettes can reduce blood flow to the penis by more than 30 per cent.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6S price: new handset to cost the same, Apple unlikely to increase phones' storage
A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
Every hospital patient will be given a barcode as part of plan to create a 'paper free' NHS
No, a porn star wasn't tricked into performing a sex act on her brother
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
UN investigating British Government over human rights abuses caused by IDS welfare reforms
- 1 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 2 David De Gea: Manchester United goalkeeper's £29m move to Real Madrid off - because paperwork 'not done in time'
- 3 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
- 4 A Chinese journalist has appeared on state television 'confessing' to causing the stock market chaos
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
£30 - 38k (DOE): Guru Careers: We are seeking a digitally focussed Account Man...
£24000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This exciting and disruptive co...
£23000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to expansion, this digital ...
£16500 - £19500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the South East's leading...