Armed robber loses legal aid
Wednesday 01 May 1996
The Legal Aid Board suspended the grant in February after a public outcry, warning his solicitors that it would be withdrawn unless their explanation for its use was satisfactory.
Charalambous, 35, was jailed for five years in 1993 for an armed raid on a Post Office security van delivering pounds 250,000 in Crouch End, north London.
Jeremy Paxman reveals he has heard senior Tories calling activists 'swivel-eyed loons'
Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
X marks the spot: The find that could rewrite Australian history
Oklahoma tornado latest: Obama pledges support for 'as long as it takes' to rebuild the suburb of Moore
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 X marks the spot: The find that could rewrite Australian history
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£200 - £250 per day: Progressive Recruitment: Java Developer- £200-£250 London...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent benefits, inc bonus & healthcare: Progre...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bens: Progressive Recruitment: Exciting opportunit...
Negotiable: Progressive Recruitment: SAP BI Specialist - Contract - 6 Months -...