Baby to stay on its diet of beef
Speaking on Radio 4's Farming Today programme, Professor Pattison said that he had a grandson, aged three months, who has yet to eat beef.
"My daughter and son-in-law are simply going to wait another six or 12 months to see what happens before introducing him to beef or any beef products," he said.
As for his grand-daughter, aged nine months, "Our son and daughter- in-law have actually given our grand-daughter some beef. They actually prepare the babies' meals from the same material that they use for their own meals - that is , from quality beef" from a well-known high-street supermarket."
The professor was criticised by Labour for spreading further confusion.
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Working closely with the market...
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A reputable company, famed for ...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group has been engaged by a highly resp...