Battle over pounds 5m bill for Rowland
Wednesday 31 August 1994
Mr Rowland is expected to come under intense pressure at a board meeting tomorrow from allies of Dieter Bock, the German property tycoon, who holds an 18.8 per cent stake. He became joint chief executive early last year.
The Bock camp is understood to be extremely concerned about Mr Rowland's expenses. These are said to include a contribution of about pounds 500,000 to the costs of his home in Belgravia, central London, and a mansion near Clivedon, Buckinghamshire. Also understood to be involved are more than pounds 1m in business expenses and pounds 200,000 to pay for the education of dependants of African politicians and Mr Rowland's business contacts.
At the board meeting, Mr Rowland will also face criticism about his sale of a film financed by Lonrho about the Lockerbie bombing to an Egyptian company with Libyan connections. Directors think the sale may breach United Nations restrictions over Libya.
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This leading supplier of compliance software a...
£24000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Associate System Engineer r...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An Executive Assistant is required to join a l...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...