Battle over pounds 5m bill for Rowland
Wednesday 31 August 1994
Mr Rowland is expected to come under intense pressure at a board meeting tomorrow from allies of Dieter Bock, the German property tycoon, who holds an 18.8 per cent stake. He became joint chief executive early last year.
The Bock camp is understood to be extremely concerned about Mr Rowland's expenses. These are said to include a contribution of about pounds 500,000 to the costs of his home in Belgravia, central London, and a mansion near Clivedon, Buckinghamshire. Also understood to be involved are more than pounds 1m in business expenses and pounds 200,000 to pay for the education of dependants of African politicians and Mr Rowland's business contacts.
At the board meeting, Mr Rowland will also face criticism about his sale of a film financed by Lonrho about the Lockerbie bombing to an Egyptian company with Libyan connections. Directors think the sale may breach United Nations restrictions over Libya.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
N Korea confirms removal of Kim Jong-un’s 'depraved' uncle Jang Song Thaek
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: C# .NET Developer (P...
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Confide...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Data Management, Dat...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: C#.NET Developer (WPF...