Bill linked to deaths
Tuesday 03 October 1995
A pounds 2,800 bill from the Child Support Agency may have been the final straw that led Phillip Mitchell, 36, of Northwich, Cheshire, to kill himself and his four children, police confirmed as the Cheshire coroner opened and adjourned an inquest into the five deaths.
Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
World news in pictures
You thought Ryainair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
Revealed: Eerie new images show forgotten French apartment that was abandoned at the outbreak of World War II and left untouched for 70 years
Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
- 1 Arts Council to find new Arctic Monkeys in major funding shift that favours rock stars
- 2 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 3 Not available in XL: Abercrombie & Fitch CEO Mike Jeffries accused of only wanting 'thin and beautiful people'
- 4 Boxing: Purdy set to join long list of British fighters who take the money – and then the beating
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£30000 - £40000 per annum + BENS: Progressive Recruitment: Drupal Developer A ...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + bens: Progressive Recruitment: C# WEB DEVELOPER Le...
£240 - £260 per day: Progressive Recruitment: WPF Developer (C#, VB.Net) North...
£85 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: KS2 teacher needed to do PPA ...