`Blood-stained' man sought in hunt for killer of Kate, 14
Wednesday 19 November 1997
Kate, who had been taking a dog for a walk, was found 300 yards from her home on the edge of Exeter in Devon. Her throat had been cut in what the police said was a planned attack.
Detective Superintendent Mike Stephens told a news conference yesterday that a man was seen between 7.30pm and 7.50pm on Saturday running from fields in the area where Kate's body was found. The man, who ran into a housing estate, was about 5ft 11in, aged between 30 and 35 and of medium build. He had short brown hair, a moustache and was wearing a blue sweatshirt, which the police said had staining on the front that could have been blood. His jeans and trainers were muddy.
The detective also announced that a businessman had offered a pounds 20,000 reward for the arrest and conviction of the killer.
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
salary equal to £40K pro-rata: Sauce Recruitment: Are you available to start a...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Creative Front-End Developer - Claph...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The role in this successful eco...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: QA Tester - London - £30,000 QA Tes...