Boy given near-fatal shock by shop rack

Click to follow
The Independent Online
Environmental health officers have launched an inquiry after a 10-year-old boy received a massive electric shock when he touched a metal display rack in a sports and travel shop in Lymington, Hampshire.

The boy's mother managed to pull his hands away from the display, also receiving an electric shock as she did so. The boy's heart stopped beating and he was revived only when his parents, from Sussex, gave him mouth- to-mouth resuscitation and heart massage. He was taken to hospital with burns to his hands and knees.

Comments