Boy hurt in sunroof horror

Click to follow
The Independent Online
A TRIP for a Valentine's day gift almost ended in tragedy when a three-year-old boy was nearly choked to death by a car sunroof. The toddler's father left the boy and an 18-month-old baby strapped in the back of the car while he went into a florist's on Friday.

But when he returned to his car, at Chester-le-Street, Co Durham, he found his son trapped in the roof. The boy twice accidentally tripped the sunroof control switch - locking it against his neck and almost killing him.

But his father, who is trained in first aid, released his son, gave him the kiss of life and heart massage and eventually brought him round. He was described as being in a "comfortable" condition yesterday at Durham's Dryburn Hospital.