Allders chiefs defend pounds 1m bonus
Thursday 06 February 1997
Under terms circulated to shareholders in June, Allders' chief executive, Harvey Lipsith, was paid a bonus of pounds 500,000, taking his total pay to pounds 736,000 last year. Tony Collyer, the former finance director who has since left the company, received a pounds 375,000 bonus, taking his total remuneration to pounds 552,000.
The three non-executive directors, including chairman John Pattisson, received bonuses of 50 per cent to 100 per cent of salary for the additional time devoted to the sale of the duty-free shops.
Allders International was sold last summer to SwissAir after a long bid battle with BAA.
Mr Pattisson defended the scheme at Allders' annual meeting yesterday: "We felt the best way to maximise the proceeds was to introduce an incentive scheme. I am convinced it was in the best interests of shareholders."
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Confide...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: PHP Symfony2 Framewor...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A leading pr...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Market Data An...