Amec bid battle hots up
Friday 01 December 1995
County Natwest, adviser to Amec, fears Kvaerner may be in breach of the takeover code when it publishes the terms of its offer to preference shareholders.
Kvaerner has mounted a pounds 202.6m cash bid for the ordinary shares, but has until Monday to detail the terms of its offer for the large number of preference shares in issue, worth about pounds 172m.
The warring sides held a secret meeting on Wednesday at which Kvaerner is thought to have suggested that Amec recommend the offer in return for favourable treatment for the preference shareholders. Under takeover rules, the preference shares terms cannot be much different from Kvaerner's pounds 1- a-share bid for the ordinary capital. Amec fired its first formal shot against Kvaerner yesterday, detailing why it believes the bid undervalues the UK firm. Amec said shareholders should be aware that Kvaerner is particularly interested in Amec's Process and Energy activities.
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 4 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 5 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
iJobs Money & Business
£Attractive: Citifocus Ltd: High calibre individual with significant product d...
£Negotiable: Citifocus Ltd: Leading global bank seeks experienced credit analy...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus Ltd: High calibre individual with a high degree...
£Attractive: Citifocus Ltd: High calibre individual with superior academics an...