Around the World's Markets: Hong Kong
Friday 18 June 1999
The benchmark index finished 253.15 points higher at 13,408.27. Anthony Mak, sales director at Vickers Ballas, said: "The US inflation figure was not that alarming. There might be a chance of a rate rise at the Federal Open Market Committee meeting but there might not be a second one."
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Life on Earth may have developed below rather than above ground, reveal scientists
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£2000 - £25500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We are seeking an ...
£55000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Java De...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: PHP Developer (Web Developer, MyS...
£55000 - £75000 per annum + 28 Days Holiday: Harrington Starr: Flex Developer ...