Around the World's Markets: London
Friday 05 November 1999
The FTSE 100 closed 50.5 points or 0.8 per cent higher at 6,331.3 - its highest since 6 September and its fifth rise in the past six sessions. Analysts and dealers said the rate decision had cleared the air as well as providing a fresh element of anti-inflation protection.
Market Report, page 24
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
The ten coldest places on Earth
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Housing double whammy: A whole generation ‘won’t be able to buy or rent a home’
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£50000 - £70000 per annum + 28 Days Holiday: Harrington Starr: Java Server Dev...
£60000 - £90000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Java Developme...
£55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Product Specialist (SQL, SQL Server, MS SQ...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Project Manage...