Around the World's Markets: Paris
Wednesday 17 February 1999
Eurotunnel closed 17.7 per cent higher on a combination of bid speculation combined with talk that the company may continue to buy back debt. Energy engineering group Technip rose 13.55 per cent after better than expected 1998 results and it forecast a 50 per cent increase in earnings per share within three years.
- 1 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 2 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
Mohammed Emwazi: Family of man named as 'Jihadi John' described by neighbours as 'normal Muslim family'
Mohammed Emwazi: Nine things we know about Isis militant 'Jihadi John'
Mohammed Emwazi: Man identified as Isis killer 'Jihadi John' 'stopped by MI5' while on safari holiday in Africa in 2010
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
iJobs Money & Business
£53000 - £58000 per annum + excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Software Develo...
£12 - £15 Hourly Rate: Jemma Gent: Are you an experienced Accounting professio...
£14 - £15 Hourly Rate: Jemma Gent: In this role you will report to the Finance...
£9 - £10 Hourly Rate: Richard Bishop: London's most prestigious and independen...