AROUND THE WORLD'S MARKETS: PARIS
Wednesday 02 June 1999
Societe Generale and Paribas added 3.07 per cent at 181.2 euros and 1.42 per cent at 107.5 euros respectively, amid rumours of possible raised bids for the banking stocks. Cement producers Lafarge and Ciments Francais rose 3.39 per cent and 1.43 per cent on the back of broker upgrades. Pernod lost 4.8 per cent at 63.50 euros amid reports it was aiming to bid for Allied Domecq's spirits unit.
educationTo mark International Women's Day, Sarah Brown on how charities have brought proper joined-up thinking to the delivery of education
Apple's Tim Cook: Business isn’t just about making profit
Thousands of young people forced to go without food after benefits wrongly stopped under 'draconian' new sanctions regime
Ukraine crisis: New navy chief 'defects' and surrenders Crimean HQ as Putin claims ultranationalists forced intervention
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
- 1 NHS boss apologises for tweeting Hitler video mocking Government health database scheme
- 2 Sir Patrick Stewart patches into David Cameron and Barack Obama's Ukraine talks with packet of wet wipes
- 3 Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
- 4 Man stabbed with Legend of Zelda Master Sword in serious condition
- 5 First clip of Outkast's Andre 3000 in Jimi Hendrix biopic All Is By My Side emerges
iJobs Money & Business
£1200 per month: Inspiring Interns: Our client is one of Europes leading mobi...
£18000 - £19000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is the UKs leading i...
£30000 - £45000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A (non-bank) fast-growing intern...
£40000 - £80000 per annum + Very Compeititve Salary: Austen Lloyd: Corporate F...