Around the World's Markets: Tokyo
Tuesday 09 March 1999
The Nikkei eventually closed down 114.95 points at 14,779.05, with the unwinding of corporate cross-shareholdings ahead of the fiscal year-end helping to depress share prices. Shares in the financial sector rose after 15 large banks announced plans to restructure, a prerequisite for receiving state assistance.
peopleContenders for Time magazine's Person of the Year are a mixture of the good, the bad and the holy
newsAs the world remembers Mandela the hero, the prison where he spent 27 years seems all the more brutal
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
The ten coldest places on Earth
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Uruguay becomes first country to legalise marijuana trade
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela memorial: Cheers, jeers and a masterclass from Barack Obama that stole the show
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Training and Benefits : Harrington Starr: A leadin...
£59999 - £80001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Senior Manager in...
attractive: Citifocus: Highly prestigious Investment Management house based in...
£70000 - £90000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Pro-Recruitment Group: Our leadi...