Astounding facts, sound advice and utterly crucial information, culled this week from investors chronicle
Sunday 07 March 1999
* "Credit cards and loans enable us to acquire goodies we can't afford right now, paying for them later when there's more cash in the pot."
* If you are in serious debt you should "consider ways of increasing your income". Paying off existing loans with more loans taken out at a higher rate of interest "is the worst possible way to try to get out of debt".
* "Bonds represent a contract between a borrower and a lender. The borrower makes a firm commitment to reward the lender, typically by means of a series of interest payments Blue-chip companies are less likely to default on bond interest payments than smaller, less established ones."
* "Love it, hate it, buy it or sell it, but you must understand volatility."
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
David Cameron sets out immigration reforms: We should distrust Ukip and their 'snake-oil of simple solutions'
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
iJobs Money & Business
Excellent Package: Austen Lloyd: EAST ANGLIA - SENIOR SOLICITOR LEVEL ROLE** -...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus Ltd: Prestigious asset management house seeks a...
£Negotiable: Citifocus Ltd: This is a varied role focusing on the firm's mutua...
£90000 - £140000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: Are you a high achievin...