AT&T sets record
Wednesday 25 January 1995
Net income for the year rose to a record $4.71bn, an increase of 27.2 per cent on 1993 before accounting changes that year.
Robert Allen, chairman, said that the the strong financial performance reflected "constant sharpening of the company's focus on customers". He said that revenues grew strongly in the product businesses as well as in long-distance telephony and financial services.
The company, due later this year to launch its telephone service in the UK, said that it had stemmed the tide of erosion in the US long-distance market. Total 1994 revenues rose 8.3 per cent to $75.09bn from $69.35bn a year earlier. In telecommunicationsservices they rose 4.3 per cent to $43.43bn.
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £48000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Devel...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Swift...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: A fast growing Financial Services organisation b...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + excellent benefits: Harrington Starr: An award-win...