Axa lifts income 9%
Saturday 19 August 1995
The increase in premium income was mirrored throughout the world - with the exception of Britain, where Axa Equity & Law's annual premium income fell 7 per cent against the same period last year.
But Axa said yesterday that the decline in its UK income was less than that of many other insurers. A spokeswoman for E&L's parent company said: "Like other companies in Britain, we have suffered from the downturn in the market. But the situation for us has not been as bad as for some others. We have reacted by cutting down on some of our operating expenses, worldwide and in the UK."
Axa Equity & Law's single premium income in April, May and June grew 7 per cent compared with the same period of 1994, while annual premiums rose 1 per cent.
Elsewhere, Axa's results for France showed a 6.3 per cent increase in premium income to Fr16.4bn, while the US also contributed an increase in life premium income of 9.5 per cent to Fr18.3bn.0
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for the murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
More than 200 flights delayed and cancelled at Heathrow as air traffic control problem affects airports across Britain
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Project Manag...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...