BA pays pounds 240m for stake in Iberia
Thursday 26 November 1998
As part of the agreement to buy the stake from Spain's state holding company, Sepi, both sides have agreed to value Iberia at Pta580bn. New shares will be created for the deal with Sepi increasing Iberia's share capital by Pta78bn. The extra Pta20bn amounts to the remains of a Pta107bn bailout three years ago.
The sale is the first part of the Iberia's privatisation. Sepi plans to sell 30 per cent to Spanish industrial companies in the first quarter of next year. That will be followed by a public share sale of 50 per cent in May or June if market conditions permit.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Rapper Ja Rule forced to deny leaving his wife for prison cell mate
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
- 5 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
iJobs Money & Business
£50000 - £65000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Market Data SM...
£50000 - £70000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£70000 - £85000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: An award win...