Bass buys flagship Hyde Park hotel
Thursday 02 December 1999
Bass already had a 50 per cent stake in the hotel and has now bought out Apsley Hotels which owned the other half. Bass said the deal gives it full ownership of the long-term lease and shows a cash yield of more than 10 per cent. The hotel is the flagship of the Inter-Continental chain.
Bass paid pounds 1.8bn for Inter-Continental last year and has been combining the chain with its Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn hotels. Bass has said it wants to quadruple the size of Crowne Plaza and Inter-Continental over the next five years both through new management contracts and acquisitions.
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
iJobs Money & Business
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£45,000 - £55,000: Neil Pavier: Are you looking for your next opportunity for ...
£45,000 - £55,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you a newly qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA qua...
£50,000 - £60,000: Laura Norton: Are you looking for an opportunity within a w...