BEST AND WORST PERFORMING SECTORS
Sunday 02 March 1997
The smaller financial sector (other financials) rose 2.15 per cent, boosted by an 18.6 per cent gain in Union plc, the former discount house, after it put itself up for sale and said it will no longer trade for itself following an unprofitable second half last year.
THE WORST performing sector was gas distribution, which fell 4.35 per cent. British Gas fell 4.5 per cent having announced a pounds 379m loss in the last quarter of 1996 after reorganisation charges and supply contract renegotiations. Recently demerged Centrica's shares lost another 4 per cent on worries about losing small users when the market opens to competition next year. Copyright: IOS & Bloomberg.
Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Ryanair calls on CAA to act over air traffic chaos caused by telephone system glitch
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Project Manag...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...