Boardroom shake-up at Booker
Monday 21 September 1998
The move will include the departure of chairman Jonathan Taylor (pictured below) and the appointment of a new chief executive from outside the group. Booker has a shortlist of two candidates for the chief executive's post, but has yet to make a decision on the appointment.
The move comes amid suggestions that other bidders, including financial buyers, may be preparing to launch a bid for Booker. The company's shares last week fell to a new 12-month low of 107p as it called off merger talks with the convenience story group Budgens. Earlier Booker failed to agree a deal with the supermarket group Somerfield.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...
£400 - £550 per day: Cornwallis Elt : BUSINESS ANALYST- OPERATIONS- PRIVATE B...