Booker needs extra pounds 25m to close sites
Saturday 11 January 1997
The charge, which comes on top of pounds 52m already taken against the N&P acquisition, sent the shares 17.5p lower at 381.5p. In a trading statement Booker said N&P's sales over the Christmas period were 6 per cent lower than the previous year, though profits were slightly higher than expected.
Booker, the UK's largest cash and carry group, said group sales for the year rose 3 per cent on a like-for-like basis while sales over the Christmas period were slightly ahead of last year.
Booker plans to take the restructuring charge against its 1996 results because of rationalisation of N&P's depot system. The company said it had identified opportunities to use space at N&P depots for its foodservice business, allowing the rationalisation of Booker's network of Foodservice sites.
- 1 Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
- 2 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 3 Father of 12 accused of raping, beating, starving and abusing his own children in US 'cult'
- 4 Britain's Got Talent 2015: Jamie Raven divides Twitter as fans expose mind-boggling magic trick
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
iJobs Money & Business
£30 - 35k: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pricing Analyst to join a leading e-...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45K YR1: SThree: At SThree, we like to be dif...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: Did you know? SThree is a mul...
£55 - 65k (DOE): Guru Careers: A unique opportunity for a permanent C# Develop...