Boosey up an octave to pounds 4.4m
Wednesday 20 April 1994
Profit before tax rose 4 per cent to pounds 4.4m for the year to 31 December. The overall advance was achieved despite the negative impact of pounds 500,000 in reorganisation costs incurred in the Japanese part of Boosey's business.
Earnings per share moved ahead more quickly than profits because a lower tax charge resulted from the company's use of tax losses in Germany. Boosey said the tax charge, at 31 per cent compared with 37 per cent, might rise this year.
Earnings were 14 per cent higher at 76.8p (67.5p). The dividend was raised in line to 25p. The shares rose 12p to 1,275p yesterday.
Boosey is planning a five-for-one share split to improve trading liquidity.
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
The ten coldest places on Earth
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela memorial: Cheers, jeers and a masterclass from Barack Obama that stole the show
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£600 - £750 per day: Cornwallis Elt : SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER- HR- ORACLE- ASS...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Training and Benefits : Harrington Starr: A leadin...
£59999 - £80001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Senior Manager in...
attractive: Citifocus: Highly prestigious Investment Management house based in...