B&Q store expansion set to create 2,500 new jobs
Monday 08 March 1999
Pictured above are George Bramhill (left), personnel director, and marketing director Stephen Robertson sorting aprons for the new staff.
B&Q will today announce plans for 10 new warehouse stores and three Supercentres, creating jobs from shop floor to management level.
The new stores include its first warehouse in Northern Ireland, at Newry.
The new superstores will be opened in Cannock, Yeovil and Ashford.
B&Q now has a total of 287 stores. Its latest, in Blackpool, opened on Friday.
Picture by Eyecatchers
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager - Marke...
£13000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Pension Specialist was established ...
£23000 - £26000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Market Research Executive...