Bunhill: Dancing giant
Sunday 24 April 1994
Sainsbury is the latest casualty. Genesis, its grandly named job-shedding initiative was quickly dubbed Exodus. Now I hear it has been downgraded even further, to Genocide.
The beancounters at Price Waterhouse have found a way to avoid this problem. It has given one of its initiatives a stupid name right at the outset. Its campaign to transform the firm into a flexible 1990s outfit is called Making the Elephant Dance, which is not, PW tells me, a play on the Rosabeth Moss Kanter management tome, When Giants Learn to Dance.
'It just evolved really,' says one abacus wielder. 'Now it has really caught on. Some of our partners now buy ties with elephants on and everything.' Golly. And there I was thinking accountants were boring.
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
The ten coldest places on Earth
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela memorial: Cheers, jeers and a masterclass from Barack Obama that stole the show
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Training and Benefits : Harrington Starr: A leadin...
£59999 - £80001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Senior Manager in...
attractive: Citifocus: Highly prestigious Investment Management house based in...
£70000 - £90000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Pro-Recruitment Group: Our leadi...