Bunhill: Express interest
Sunday 06 March 1994
One little snippet caught my eye. No, not the fact that half the House of Commons bizarrely seem to have spent last March, courtesy of Scottish & Newcastle, at its Center Parcs Elvedon Country Forest Holiday Village. No, not the fact that Rover Group has loaned cars to both Paddy Ashdown and Sir Norman Fowler - will they give them back now Rover is owned by the Germans?
No, not even the admission of James Couchman, MP for Gillingham, that he receives 'nominal benefits' from the Gin and Vodka Association. (If it's your round, James, mine's a nominal benefit.)
No, my favourite is the revelation that Tony Benn admits to a shareholding that must be registered (defined as more than pounds 25,000 worth) in United Newspapers, publisher of the Daily Express and The Star.
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
iJobs Money & Business
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Age Concern Slough a...
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Crossroads Care is s...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £35,000: SThree: We consistently strive to be ...
£50000 - £90000 per annum + benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: Markit EDM (CA...