Bunhill: Wong Sing Jones
Sunday 06 June 1993
An initial suspicion of trendiness is confirmed by a list of the shop's best-sellers, which include those aluminium clamp-on lights pretentiously called New York Loft Lamps, and the new Vitamin C wonder EmergenC - the alleged favourite of super-model Cindy Crawford. The whole thing turns into farce with Carmex, a lip salve mixed by a nonagenarian in upstate New York according to a formula he first perfected in the 1930s Depression.
But do not mock. WSJ has flourished and is now opening a second branch. But then one of the partners in the emporium is Sophie Conran, daughter of the redoubtable Sir Terence, who has clearly inherited her father's flair for profitable trend-anticipation.
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bruce Forsyth backs assisted dying campaign: 'If I had Alzheimer's or dementia I would do something about it'
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
iJobs Money & Business
£30 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pricing Analyst with experienc...
£24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£21000 - £24000 per annum: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group has been engaged b...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, int...