Rules and conditions of entry:
1) Companies must be unquoted and based and incorporated in the UK.
2) Groups of companies may apply if total sales figures comply with (3) and (8) below, but entries from selected subsidiaries are not eligible.
3) Companies must be able to submit audited sales of a minimum of pounds 500,000 for their financial year ended during the 12 months to 30 June 1989.
4) Companies must submit sales figures for their financial year ended in the 12 months to 30 June 1993. The most recent financial year end to be considered is 30 June 1993.
5) The accounts relating to the most recent period of trading as defined in (4) above must show a pre-tax profit.
6) To qualify for the separate Middle Market Award, companies must be able to submit audited sales figures of a minimum of pounds 5m for their financial year ended during the 12 months to 30 June 1989.
7) The company's auditors must certify the information relating to sales, pre-tax profit and the number of employees given on the entry form, together with the status of the company throughout the period.
8) Sales are defined as the value to the company (or group of companies) of goods and services provided, excluding VAT, out of the core company (or group of companies), together with any other companies which have been acquired during the five year period; sales of associated companies and joint ventures should be excluded.
9) Average employee numbers are to be calculated on a consistent basis to (8) above.
10) The length of each accounting period for which sales, pretax profit and employees details are submitted must be stated. Where the accounting period is not 12 months, the sales details will be apportioned on a time basis unless alternative information is supplied.
11) The decision of the Business Editor of The Independent on Sunday is final in all matters concerning Business on Sunday's Independent 100.
12) The Independent on Sunday reserves the right to publish the information supplied.
13) Completed certified entry forms must be received by Julie Harwood, Business on Sunday's Independent 100, Price Waterhouse, Southwark Towers, 32 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9SY, not later than Friday, 25 February 1994.Reuse content