Cable & Wireless appoints Hoare Govett
Wednesday 13 December 1995
Cable & Wireless has appointed Hoare Govett as joint broker with Cazenove, fuelling speculation that the company expects a bid. Cable & Wireless was thrust into disarray last month by a vicious clash between Lord Young, chairman, and James Ross, chief executive, resulting in the departure of both men. One City analyst pointed out that Cazenove is also a broker to BT, which has been rumoured as a potential suitor for C&W. Shares in C&W, which said that it wanted the addition of a "more research oriented" house, rose by 5p to close at pounds 4.46.
- 1 If you weren't afraid of flying before last week... you probably are now
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Lauren Goodger calls for tougher laws on revenge porn after sex tape leaks online
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop
Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established professional services...
£600 - £650 per day: Orgtel: Conduct Risk Liaison Manager - Banking - London -...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Comission: SThree: SThree, International Recruitme...
£280 - £300 per day + competitive: Orgtel: Test Analyst, Edinburgh, Credit Ris...