Capital Corp to face industrial tribunal
Friday 22 August 1997
Des Pereira, the former company secretary and head of finance at Capital Corporation, is taking the casinos group to an industrial tribunal because he believes he was unfairly dismissed. The move follows the issue of a writ against Mr Pereira and two other former employees for allegedly conspiring to "injure the company". The writ claims the three brought the company and its management into disrepute; hampered the company in the presentation of its business and encouraged 11 other employees to wrongfully terminate their contracts in April. The Gaming Board, which regulates the casinos industry, is investigating the company's affairs.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela dead: South Africa's first black president and anti-apartheid icon dies at 95
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: Thousands evacuated along East Coast of England as more surge tides forecast
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...
£400 - £550 per day: Cornwallis Elt : BUSINESS ANALYST- OPERATIONS- PRIVATE B...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Market Data SM...