CGU to reopen SocGen talks CGU
Wednesday 01 September 1999
CGU, THE UK composite insurer is keen to reopen talks about a joint banking- insurance venture in France with Societe Generale when the dust settles after the six-month bid battle which ended at the weekend. The COB, the French stock market regulator, last night agreed to let CGU keep the 3.9 per cent of SG it bought in an attempt to keep SG out of the clutches of Banque Nationale de Paris. The shares will held in escrow until the end of November, although CGU will be allowed to sell them to "unconnected" third parties after 29 September. CGU has ruled out a merger with SocGen: "That has never been our intention. What we have talked about is a valuable and coherent joint operation in France," said Philip Twyman, finance director, yesterday.
- 1 Emma Watson on Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak: 'Even worse than seeing women's privacy violated is reading the comments'
- 2 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Cee Lo Green: It is only rape if the victim is conscious
- 5 Katie Hopkins breaks down in tears over weight gain challenge: ‘I hate fat people for making me do this’
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain
iJobs Money & Business
£30000 - £45000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Front-Of...
£700 per day: Harrington Starr: Quantitative Developer C++, Python, STL, R, PD...
£700 per day: Harrington Starr: Java/Calypso Developer Java, Calypso, J2EE, J...
£500 per day: Harrington Starr: SQL Developer SQL, C#, Stored Procedures, MDX...