Chase share issues online
THE HI-TECH INVESTOR
Sunday 28 February 1999
The pro-mutual opposition has its own site at Save our Building Societies (http:// www.netcomuk.co.uk/ kevshere/sobs/index.html). SOBS, an unofficial lobby group, has information about its campaigns, including its opposition to the Halifax takeover of Birmingham Midshires. There's also an interest rate check service which lists the best savings rates at mutual societies.
The official building society line is represented by the Building Societies Association (www.bsa.org.uk).
VIRGIN RAIL'S new site (www.thetrainline.com) lets travellers book tickets on any UK mainland route, whether or not it is a Virgin service. The few exceptions include sleepers and Eurostar.
The system will make it easier to pre-book those elusive cheap off-peak fares. Virgin undertakes to deliver tickets in two whole working days or they can be collected at any Virgin station. Virgin isn't ruling out running web-based special offers or even ticket auctions; a marketing ploy it already uses with its Express airline.
Charles Saatchi accepts caution for assault over incident in Scott’s restaurant when he put his hands on throat of wife Nigella Lawson
Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
Police examine photographs of Charles Saatchi with hand on Nigella Lawson's throat
Russian President Vladimir Putin denies stealing £16,000 diamond-encrusted Super Bowl ring
Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria
- 1 Alan Pardew's warning to Joe Kinnear: I am still the Newcastle manager
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Charles Saatchi accepts caution for assault over incident in Scott’s restaurant when he put his hands on throat of wife Nigella Lawson
- 4 Exclusive: Cristiano Ronaldo advised to stay at Real Madrid for another 18 months before making possible switch to Manchester United
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria
iJobs Money & Business
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
Up to £80,000 PA Plus Benefits: Legal & General: An exciting opportunity for a...
£20 - £22 per hour: Orgtel: Documentation Assistant - London - Banking - £20 -...
£550 - £650 per day: Orgtel: Test Manager, London, Investment Banking, £550-65...