Chelsfield holds on to a few aces
Tuesday 23 September 1997
Chelsfield's latest pre-tax profits, up from pounds 6m to pounds 10m in the six months to June, owned much to a good performance from the recent Westbury Hotels acquisition from Granada. The shares rose 8.5p to 334p, well clear of Merrill Lynch's year-end net asset value forecast of 262p. However the White City development alone could add up to 100p to that figure.
Property stocks have enjoyed a good run on the back of a long-awaited upturn in the property cycle. There is more to come, but investors are best advised to stick with quality stocks in the event that the market begins to falter. Mr Bernerd's abilities means Chelsfield looks a better bet than most. With the shares well off their high, they look attractive.
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
iJobs Money & Business
£20000 - £23250 Per Annum pro rata: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Pro rata ...
£40 - 48k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Manager to join...
£45,000 - £65,000: Saxton Leigh: Our client is a well-known APAC Corporate and...
£60000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Compensation and Benefits Manager - Compensat...