Chiltern Railway franchise winner plans to spend pounds 10m on new 100m ph trains
Wednesday 26 June 1996
M40, which is a management buyout team backed by 3i and John Laing, said it would spend pounds 10m on four three-car diesel units within a month of the start of the franchise, which was likely to be on 21 July.
The company added that an announcement would be made in a month on who would build the trains, which will be used to increase the frequency on the Marylebone to Birmingham Snow Hill service and on extra services between Aylesbury and Marylebone. The trains will be leased, possibly from the manufacturer.
They are likely to be supplied by Adtranz Derby works and be a new, all-purpose 100 mph design, which the manufacturer hopes will be suitable for other new franchisees and be in service by late 1998.
Photograph: John Lawrence
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Greek debt crisis: Yanis Varoufakis's funniest (and most memorable) quotes
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £95000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
competitive: SThree: Are you passionate about sales?Do you have a keen interes...
£17000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£15000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company offers a range of ...