Chrysalis in `masthead TV' talks
Wednesday 03 December 1997
Chrysalis said yesterday it was talking to Conde Nast about "masthead programming" - naming a television programme after a magazine. At present, the Independent Television Commission allows such programming on cable and satellite television, but will consider next spring whether magazine brands could be extended on to terrestrial television.
The move comes two months after news that Emap was talking to Richard Branson's Virgin Century Television about putting magazines such as FHM and Just Seventeen on television.
Chrysalis, which reported a 65 per cent reduction in pre-tax losses to pounds 1.9m for the year to the end of August, also revealed that BSkyB had approached the company about taking a stake in its television production interests. However, the talks, which formed part of BSkyB's drive to invest in original programming, did not come to fruition.
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
iJobs Money & Business
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Age Concern Slough a...
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Crossroads Care is s...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £35,000: SThree: We consistently strive to be ...
£50000 - £90000 per annum + benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: Markit EDM (CA...