City & Business: Marketing coup
Sunday 31 August 1997
A friend calls the Chartered Institute of Marketing to request information about its marketing diploma courses The number listed in the phone book does not exist any more Some persistence with directory inquiries elicits another number; this one works The friend asks for the course material, gives an address to which it should be sent, and sits back to await its arrival Ten days later, nothing has come The friend phones again and asks the Institute to check its database to see if the package has been sent "We don't have a database," says the CIM representative "We just write the addresses straight on to the envelope and send it off"
The friend asks for the material to be sent again Two days later the package arrives A day after that another identical package arrives
Such shortcomings would be would be annoying, but not entirely unsurprising, in a company But the Chartered Institute of Marketing? Wonders never cease Its members are hereby invited to have a whip round to buy a much- needed copy of Lotus Organiser, or equivalent
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
- 1 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£50000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ Dev...
£Negotiable: Citifocus: Polished and professional individual with RDR Level 4 ...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + attractive benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Senior...
£70000 - £80000 per annum + Commission Package: Harrington Starr: Due to winni...