City File: BM Group
Sunday 05 July 1992
Worries over accounting policies followed by the sudden resignation, on health grounds, of BM's chairman and driving force, Roger Shute, sent its share price sliding from pounds 4 at the beginning of June to a low of 81p. Friday brought a rebound to 143p after the group announced that management accounts confirmed there would only be a modest decline in earnings per share for the year to the end of June.
A satisfactory performance is expected for the current year. Whether the stock market's concern that all is not as it seems proves well founded, it is plain that the days of heady growth at BM in which one acquisition followed another at increasingly hectic pace, are over for good.
In future the group intends to concentrate on streamlining the organisation and building market share through organic growth. That's tough in the construction equipment sector.
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
iJobs Money & Business
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: **URGENT CONTRACT ROLE**...
Up to £100k or £450p/d: Saxton Leigh: My client is a leading commodities tradi...
£320 - £330 per day: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group have been engaged by a l...
To £75,000 + Pension + Benefits + Bonus: Saxton Leigh: My client is looking f...