Ben Chu: Accounting for failure
Outlook Physicians get told to heal themselves. And some insolvency accountants could, apparently, benefit from their own medicine too.
RSM Tenon, one of the UK's largest insolvency specialists, itself went into administration yesterday. This was no great shock. RSM Tenon got into serious trouble last year when it was forced to reveal that it had messed up its own accounts – not exactly a great advert for an accountant. A fall in corporate and personal financial failures had also made life tough.
But of course that leaves us with the irony, pointed out by a colleague, that if more firms had gone bust in the slump RSM might not have. One would need a heart of stone not to smile.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
Trenton Oldfield deportation: Boat Race protester allowed to stay in UK over fears his Indian wife would face racism in Australia
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£75000 - £85000 per annum + attractive benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Senior...
£70000 - £80000 per annum + Commission Package: Harrington Starr: Due to winni...
£60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Support Analyst (Back Office, CRM, Sharepo...
£65000 - £80000 per annum + Excellent Bonus, Package : Harrington Starr: Busin...