Ben Chu: Will we ever get closure on the European issue?
Davos Outlook Sweeping through the Davos congress centre it was hard to find anyone with a kind word to say for David Cameron's big European referendum speech.
"Britain needs to be at the European Union table," one UK bank boss told me. "It's another reason to postpone investment decisions and we need people to invest," was the verdict of Sir Martin Sorrell. But I did find one dissenter. Or at least one person who was ambivalent.
Adi Godrej, the Indian industrialist, has UK interests, as the owner of Keyline Brands, which manufactures soaps and shampoo. "It doesn't matter to my business one way or another, but I do wish they would just sort out their relationship."
Will Mr Cameron's referendum, even if it happens, deliver that closure? Keep on dreaming.
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum + pro rata: SThree: SThree Group have been well esta...
£30000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Established in 1999, a highly r...
£250-£300 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Are you a qualified accountant with strong exp...
£230 - £260 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Do you want to stamp your footprint in histo...