James Ashton: Extra time for Manchester United with latest sponsor
Outlook I suppose the whole point of companies you have never heard of taking out multi-million-pound sponsorships is to raise their profile. So Bulova, which traces its history back to 1875, must hope that becoming Manchester United's official timekeeper will help it shift a few more luxury watches.
With the new Premiership season almost upon us, it is customary for football clubs to unveil new signings. It is a surprise that the Red Devils have room for another corporate striker in a kitroom already jam-packed with money-spinning relationships.
What a shame that Sir Alex Ferguson has retired as Manchester United manager. Presumably he would have insisted that all the Bulovas at Old Trafford were wound back four minutes on match day.
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
iJobs Money & Business
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Tax Assistant is required to join a leading ...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£45000 - £47000 per annum + bonus + benefits: Ashdown Group: Java Developer / ...
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager - Marke...