Russell Lynch: In defence of Miles Roberts...
Wednesday 20 August 2014
Outlook The superbly named Miles Roberts is in hot water this week over the £201,000 allowance paid to the DS Smith boss following the move of the packaging firm’s head office from Maidenhead to Euston Road – which actually shortened the commute of the Hertfordshire-based Mr Miles.
But there’s no mileage in cheap shots. Miles needs to be in London, you see, to spend time with “important shareholders”, according to Smith’s chairman Gareth Davis. Investors will be delighted that they’re shelling out to see more of Mr Roberts.
One look at the share price – virtually unmoved in the past year – suggests that might be time and money well spent.
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Benefits 'smart cards' plan revealed by Iain Duncan Smith to stop claimants spending welfare money on alcohol
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Real Staffing are currently lo...
NEGOTIABLE: Austen Lloyd: TRUST ACCOUNTANT - KENTIf you are a Chartered Accou...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + OTE £30000: SThree: SThree are a global FTSE 250 b...
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - Law Costs Draftsperson - NICHE...