Simon English: BlackBerry's the call for insiders and looters
Thursday 15 December 2011
Outlook Last month a new rule from the Financial Services Authority came into place that has all traders' mobile phone calls tapped (landlines have been for ages).
This was another attempt by the FSA to clamp down on insider trading. Rogue traders found this harrowingly inconvenient, as they had to buy another mobile from which to make insider-trading related phone calls.
The preferred medium for swapping info you'd rather the watchdogs didn't know about, I'm told by the lads with four mobiles each, is the BlackBerry BBM instant messaging system, because it is harder to trace than calls or emails.
That's how this summer's, erm, rogue shoppers also chose to communicate.
Insider traders and looters. BlackBerry must be well proud.
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for auction...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 3 Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Scientists warn we've hit 'peak beard': The more people grow facial hair, the less attractive it is
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: A leading, Cit...
£35000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: You must ...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: Corporate Acti...
£350 - £400 per day: Harrington Starr: An opportunity has arisen at a FCA regu...